Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I climbed a tree!

So today as I planned I set out for the park at around one. I brought climbing gloves, water, a hat and my phone and wallet in a backpack. As I approached the park I saw the wall ahead of me and the gate about 300m down the path. Since the plan for the day was to have fun climbing and running etc. I hopped the wall and began my day.

In the first area, an area with a tonne of ramps made for mountain biking there were a few nice trees. I spent about 20 min running up the ramps and climbing random trees. After that I decided to go for an explore. I climbed a few more trees and sprinted down and up between the small hills before climbing a few of the steeper parts. I wound up making my way out as far as Clontarf and back over a period of about 3 hours. I went up and down quite a few trees and did a lot of jogging, sprinting and walking. I had a really great time but was exhausted on the way home. I like how each tree is like a puzzle. You circumnavigate before deciding the best way up. Sometimes when you get up a bit higher new routes look more interesting. the solution is constantly evolving and always interesting.

I don't know if I will go back tomorrow but I will be going to the park a few times a week for a few hours. It is just a lot of fun. I might even get some friends in on the act. We could have races, time ourselves running up banks and it would be nice having a bit of company despite how calming the seclusion is. Four eyes are better than one and that means interesting paths to follow etc. will be spotted more often.

Got to love the public park

No comments: