Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Park life

So today I began my new lifestyle... well sort of.... I did manage to avoid eating much more junk (I ended up eating that pack of crisps). That said I did manage to get up off my backside and go for a walk!

I was just going to walk up along the coast so I brought my PSP for music, my phone and my wallet so my pockets were pretty full. not only that I wore my new vans which have a bit of white on them. As I walked down the cycle track that runs along the coastline I saw St. Anne's Park looming ahead. I decided that I would be a nice place to go as I haven't been there in a while. I walked in the main gate and was about to go up the main path towards my home when I saw an Alsation/German Shepard running down the path and on the smaller one down to the side. I decide to follow and soon I saw one of the duck-ponds up ahead. It was a beautiful sight (despite gratuitous amounts of litter and algae) and I stopped there for a few minuets and watched a duck who had an itchy foot. There are few things quite as awkward as a Duck trying to swim and chew its foot at the same time.

After I had amused myself for a while I got back to my walk. Eventually I realized the potential for fun and exercise. There are trees to climb and hills to hike up and down. there is even near vertical slopes for climbing. The problem was that all the paths, hills, and cliff faces are dirt. The fun stuff was dirt and I had loaded pockets and white shoes. I decided to refrain from the park as a playground and just walked through normally.

Tomorrow, however, I shall return to the park in track gear and hiking boots and I will climb a tree and the hills and all that stuff in the name of fitness... ...as long as it isn't raining...

No comments: