Friday, December 12, 2008

African Visitor + more site update

So one of my friends I met when I was in Africa is coming over to visit. He lives in England and is flying in tomorrow afternoon! I'm going to go meet him in the airport but since parent's are away it's taxi there and back!

I was playing around on my PC and decided I was sick of the old icons for folders for the folders I use most often. Because of this I decided to replace them with jazzy new icons I made myself.

I liked them so much I created desktop shortcuts for all the folders and have them nicely displayed across my screen now. They look great!

I then realized I still needed to make icons for the "game objects" section of my website! Since I already had my nice template I just recoloured the background from orange to a nice sky blue and then used my Bamboo to draw some nice simple icons with the ink brush. I streamlined the procedure by duplicating the background and drawing all the icons first and then saving each one separately as a PNG file. Within half an hour of coming up with the idea the icons were up. I now also have pages set up for each catagory on the site.

The icons are very happy and I really love them. Here is an example of the ones on the site. (I like the colour so much I am concidering changing ubuntu from orange to blue!!)

No comments: