Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Doesnent work!? I'll make it work!!

So the good people over at synthasite discovered (through other sources) that the software wasn't fully compatible with linux... and fixed it. I have just finished putting up some nice pictures on BGECentral.

I also put up what I feel are non invasive ads (I may put more obvious ones on the UH download page since it took so much effort to put together) and a "ad search" bar. Basically the ads are small banners at the bottom of the page and the search bar is a search bar at the top of the page. Simple as! I will pocket some of the earnings from the site as a sort of return for the work I put in but it's more likely to be a drink for me and some friends rather than a mortgage payment. The rest of the money will go towards things like buying a URL (The first 14.99 will go to this) and commissioning models for the site.

An idea I want to focus on as well is running a competition on the site. This can range from small competitions such as best addition of the month ($20 prize) to annual game competitions where the top three entries get prizes from $100 to $300 or maybe other things. This is in no way an official announcement it is just my musings on what the profits could be spent on. I am not making the site to turn a profit I am doing it to provide resources to a slightly unsung engine.

Aside from BGEC stuff I have been mondo busy with college and am killing myself daily to stay on top of things *sad face* but I fight on because I only have 3 days and on lab left.... (and three lab reports and a project and a group project to plan before the holidays) I'm sure it will be fine...

No comments: