Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Still not up... but getting there

Ok so yeah I said that within a week that the site would be up. I wasn't lying but its not up. The thing is that I just don't have time to power through the work I need to get done yet.

The plus side is that UniHuman is ready to go online. It has been rigged, UV unwrapped and is finally what I consider good enough for launch. He has enough morphs for basic shape matching and a bit of post sculpting will get models perfect.

The model repository is not quite what I would like it to be. I didn't come close to my launch targets. I also haven't gotten the E-Mail accounts for submissions and suggestions set up.

That said I did update the page and have it formatted so it will be easy to start adding content.

I have begun work on starting the tutorials. I have a few planned to make

-Creating a character with UniHuman
-Face matching with UniHuman
-Making custom UniHuman morphs
-Servo controls for realistic character movement

There will be a combination of video tutorials and written tutorials. Each Video tutorial will also have a written version, probably with screen caps and time signatures instead of sshots.

One of the main problems is that the online site editor is incompatible with linux (well partialy, I did all I've done so far on my ubuntu pc but now it reveals features it doesn't support, like image uploading!).

Anyway, I will keep working in my spare time. I have a tonne of college work to get through this week so I will probably need to take the week off but I will get it launched over christmas and hopefully within a week or two

No comments: