Wednesday, November 26, 2008

UniHuman picks up the pace

I didn't make a big deal about my 50th post, how very un-me...

Anyway I have just finished a test during which I baked a texture from one mesh to the other. not a big deal one would assume until, you of little faith, hear what it was. You see I loaded up a background image of my face and matched UH's face to fit it. I then projected my face onto the UH mesh. If I do this for a front and profile and then bake the two pictures onto the UH with the original UV mapping then the photograph gets reverse mapped to the UV map. In other words if functions in a similar way to the way facegen works and gives results that are just as good if not better!!

Now if I write a tutorial using this method and have it done for the launch of the site people will seriously believe that UH is a viable source of models! I am very excited with the results I have obtained using this method and know that when I finally release it will be a success.

Also here are some interesting statistics

Body Fat % 6.1%
Muscle Mass % 49.1%
BMI 20.1
BMR 1540

You would think according to the first two I would be a muscular powerhouse... not so :'(

No comments: