Sunday, November 2, 2008

I killed my computer... again...

So I killed the family's main computer, again. extra dead this time though... I have oficially given up on installing linux. It just doesn't want to be installed on that computer.

Fortunately I hadn't gotten very far into the bge repository so even if I do wind up loosing what I have made I will survive. I will try to make at least a model a day until I have enough to start the site off. I have also begun posting about the site on various forums (well just one so far) so I will be able to build up a reputation for the site. I think I will also make a forum so people can discuss the game engine and other things. Unfortunately I have failed to find a forum provider that doesn't advertise on the forum. (the site provider doesn't but the forum will have adds that don't support the website)

I just realised that a sound repository would also be of use. I will probably just provide a link to soundsnap though, It is such a great site already it doesn't need a replacement.

I also tried my hand at modeling a human head today. I am still quite bad at making humans so I have decided that the model (which I have pre-christened UniHuman) will have to be made by someone else. I will try and find one and if I can't I will ask someone to make it for me. I will however try to be the one who makes the first set of shapekey morphs and the first rig.

I would like to get started on UniHuman ASAP so I will look for a model I can use soon. Origional morphs will be limited to

-Male
-Female
-Muscular
-Fat
-Skinny
-Height


I will go on to in the second round of morphs added put in

-Arm Length (things like this could be done by having the slider start in the middle)
-Leg Length
-Cartoon
-Eye Size
-Head Size
-Mouth open
-Eyes Closed

I will make more as I think of them. I like the idea of having the slider start at .5 in some of the morphs (such as Male/Female), It is more organic than having them separate options. It will also reduce the number of keys without reducing function. One key concept is to have maximum flexibility with as few keys as possible.

No comments: