Sunday, November 2, 2008

Say hello to UniHuman 1.0


So I searched for a while and eventually found a mesh with great body topology but a terrible face. Not to be discouraged I continued my search and found a mesh with very good edge looping on the face however the body apeared to be an after thought. Proportions were off and the feet looked like flippers. Being the genious I am I grafted the head to the body and above is a render of the result, UniHuman 1.0.

In the render there is a 2x mesh smooth modifier applied to UH but the topology is brilliant and the model is very low poly. I will begin work on some shapekeys tomorrow.

I have even come up with a concept for showing the potential of UH. I will make an animation of the model striking various poses and then morph it into a different person at each pose. It should be quite cool! I have some concerns as to how the rig will be effected by the height modifiers but hopefully it will be fine (or there will be an easy solution...)

I am very happy the models responds so well to meshsmooth. Because it does it means that it can be used in pre-rendered FMVs aswell as in game. I will have to update the topology a bit to enable certain morphs (There are not enough polys for believable breasts on the current model) but what is shown above is a reasonable representation of what the final UH will look like

No comments: