Tuesday, November 4, 2008

All and all a good blending

So a bit of progress on the UniHuman front. I have been watching tutorials and tutorials and tu... you get the idea... on rigging and rigging well. I am still a little torn on weather or not I should rig the model myself or ask an experienced rigger to do it. I think I will rig myself and just hope someone decides to provide a better rig in the future.

I did a bit of a test on the head and I managed to get a nice smooth jawbone deformation going on. If I get the mouth with working well then I don't think I will be using shapekeys for lip-synching as I originally thought.

I didn't add any keys to UH today. I couldn't think of any good body morphs and wasn't in the mood to begin working on the features deformations. I think it will be basic "eye size", "eye position", "nose size", "nose bridge", "ear size", "elf ears" (they are just fun!) and a few chin deformations.

Release early and iterate!!

I don't want to open the site until I have a few models up and running but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to making that many... well any. I'm going to make a few packs each with 6 objects in them. I have just decided. 8 packs. 8*6=48 models. That is the number of models the site will start with, 50 if you count the barrel and crate... which I do.

Ok, time to make up the packs:


1. Vehicles
  • Old Car
  • Sports Car
  • Truck
  • Van
  • Moter-bike
  • Truck
2. Guns
  • Pistol
  • Shotgun
  • Sub-Machine gun
  • Automatic Rifle
  • Sniper Rifle
  • Rocket Launcher
3. Buildings
  • House
  • School
  • Church
  • Shop
  • House 2
  • Petrol Station
4. Street
  • Post Box/Mail Box
  • Trash Can
  • Lamp Post
  • Traffic Light
  • Parking Metre
  • Phone Booth/Public Phone
5. Fun Physics objects
  • Palate
  • Chair
  • Table
  • Shopping Trolley
  • Tire
  • Mattress
6. Electronics
  • Lamp
  • PC
  • TV
  • Stereo
  • Standing Light
  • Photocopier/Printer
7. Furniture
  • Table
  • Chair
  • Couch
  • Desk
  • Coffee Table
  • Wardrobe
8. Farm
  • Tractor
  • Farm House
  • Hay Bale
  • Fence
  • Gate
  • Barn


No comments: