Saturday, April 18, 2009

creativity leading to distraction

I've been very creative lately. I've gotten big into solving problems, drawing, writing and making games. The problem is all pistons are firing in my mind at the moment and I want to start any and every project. I can't though, because I've a tonne of studying to be getting done and I'm not doing any!!

I cant seem to make myself study for the life of me. I don't know what to do but I'm going to figure it out.

The reasons I don't study are:
-I'm too tired/don't have the energy
-I'll just be on the computer for 5 min
-I just want to watch a little tv
-I'm cold/hungry/uncomfertable


Things that help people study are
-complex carb energy, slow released instead of hyper sugar rush
-being active, getting fresh air and exercise
-meditation, mind clearing exercises
-brain exercise, puzzles
-having clear goals and trying to achieve them in a logical manor
-an understanding of what is required to be known

Basically I need to ditch the computer, start exercising and eating healthy regular meals, getting more sleep and doing regular meditation and brain exercise.

I think I'll take a week off from computers. Starting tomorrow I won't use a computer for anything except college work. I won't use the internet except to check my college email and I will be in bed from 10 o clock so I'm well rested. I'll get up early and go for a before college swim and loads of stuff like that...

might happen.

It's two o clock in the morning and my mind is racing as usual. I'm going to sneak out and go for a walk to clear my head and then it's back to bed...

God help me get through these exams!!

I guess I can give myself 15 min to blog each day so as to keep a record of this. Monday to Monday starting tomorrow night... Probably no TV either. Welcome to hell

No comments: