Monday, April 6, 2009

So its four months on and what have I done?

Well, as unfortunate and surprising as it is its four months on and I have kept not one of my resolutions. That is not to say that things haven't changed.

I didn't manage to bother myself studying for schols exams in school which means that I am going to have to brave the end of year exams with no exemptions. Exemptions are not announced until Friday but I think it's a safe bet to say I'll be sitting all the papers in all three of my subjects. What does that mean for me? Well it means that its about damn time I started going to the library and working for these exams. Tomorrow I will be hitting up the PCs in college to print exam papers so I can use them that evening as a study aid. I only hope I find the strength to do it. Apparently it takes about 36 days for a study pattern to become comfortable which means that I'm two weeks too late to begin working. Despite the research saying I'm destined for failure I have to push myself and hope I manage to achieve what I want from this.

I haven't picked up guitar again, started taking care of my skin or vloging as of yet but, again tomorrow, things are going to be different. I do have a new video camera that I can use to vlog. Its a nice one and I put a lot of thought into choosing it. I was very happy with my purchase.

I'm not taking up guitar again until after the exams but I do plan on getting back into drawing and painting. I also have to start doing the whole face care thing because I'm starting to look old.

Now up until now it seems like things are basically the same but there are a few changes to how I look and act. I am working hard at becoming a nicer, more positive person and feel like I'm making ground. I'm not back to the kind happy person I used to be but I'm working my way there. I feel like rediscovering art, hard work and exercise may help me achieve this.

Since my last post I have cut my hair and even done an honest days work! I was an extra in a photo shoot that was done to stage an album for a movie. I enjoyed the experience very much and hope I will have the opportunity for more extra work in the future.

As I said I have my camera now and I am going to use it to start vloging. It's been a bit of a mental block for me, getting into vloging. I'm afraid of what my friends will say when they find out. I mean it is just attention seeking really but it's also a desire to entertain and provoke thought. I hope when I get started in this that I don't end up coming off like a wanabe. I like to think people will be able to see a genuine side to me.

No comments: