Saturday, October 4, 2008

Finished and compleated... someday

-Final Fantasy VII
-Grand Theft Auto IV
-Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
-Metal Gear Solid 4 the Gun's of the Patriots
-Pixeljunk Monsters
-Pixeljunk Eden
-Wipeout HD
-Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
-Half Life 2
-Bionic Commando: Rearmed

The catagory? Games I'm in the middle of...

This list is a bit over the top. Some of these games I don't play that often. For instance Half Life 2 and Tomb Raider 4 are put aside to finish "some day"

Pixeljunk Monsters I only play as a multiplayer game. It is a lot of fun in single player but with a friend it is twice as much fun.

Metal Gear Solid 4 I have finished before I am just playing through again. The same could be said for all the MGS games. I have runs in all of them going all the time.

Eden is the kind of game you play whenever. It is a visual masterpiece and is beautiful to witness. It's gameplay is light and imersive at the same time. That said you can drop in and out of playing it without loosing any of the experiance. If you have one or two friends present they can join you. In other words it's not a game you try to finish quickly. It's a game you just play.

The other five games however, those I have to finish. MGS I'm at the last boss but I cant beat him. Hard mode is hard.

R&C I bought alongside BC:R and have gotten Wipeout since. It sort of fell by the wayside and I haven't made that big a dent in it yet. I will probably leave it until finish GTA4

BC:R I am on the last level. I got to the boss once but he destroyed me with ease. I haven't attempted since but I could beat him, I just need to try a few more times

Wipeout I just want to unlock all the stuff. It's not that big a deal since I bought the game for playing online against friends so I'll live.

GTA4 I want to finish. The game is great. However because of the "friendships" thing I hate getting back into it because I have to take my brother out, then my stoner friend, then my roid rage idiot friend, then go on a date... if I'm lucky I may fit a mission in between simulating life. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the IDEA of the friends. And it works brilliantly, they have enough dialogue and locations so they don't feel repetative. You can even play minigames like bowling or darts. The problem is it works too well. In real life I don't have time to work at becomming a crime lord and in GTA4 it feels similar. I'm just so busy all the time!

All the side missions etc are good though because they mean that the game never ends. After the story there is still a wide variety of side quests to do that are randomly genorated. 

Final Fantasy is a long but brillian game. I am thouroughly enjoying it. I have to play more of that too...

dammit I don't even have time to go out. I will have to donate a lot more time to gaming in the next few weeks. as well as studying since I start college on monday. Great!

No comments: