Sunday, October 5, 2008

I killed a shead!!

So today my dad and I finaly knocked down our old shead. It was pretty trickey as the non rotted parts were fairly solid and the rotted parts splintered into your hands and eyes!

That said, the shead is dead... heh, I'm a poet....

(cue seemless transition)

I dug out all my old poetry yesterday and gave it a read. I have quite a bit now. I havent written about this before but I use poetry as a way of controling emotions that overwhelm me. If I am very upset or happy or whatever I write a poem about it. This gets it out of my system so I can deal with it in bite size chunks by reading the poem back in the future. Because of why I write my poetry is very emotionaly heavy, especially for me. 

Anyway I had lost one of my poems, a Haiku, but fortunatly they are short and it was a personal favourite so I had it memorised. I filled it into the book I write in (I used to use loose pages!!) and now it is safe.

That said it made me realise how easy it would be to loose it all. Because of this I have decided to digitise all my work and keep a copy on the PC, the internet and a seccond printed hard copy for reading. I will keep the origionals safe in a box or folder of some sort.

This way I won't loose one of my most prized posessions as well as my emotional memmories from the times I wrote about.

I also finaly made the book, It's empty but I have to start filling it with all the ideas I keep locked in my head!

No comments: