Sunday, October 19, 2008

Time for college II

Well I go back to college again tomorrow after my week of absence. Boo Hiss etcetera...

I have been playing with Blender a lot today and have managed to get some nice effects running in real time on my lowly PC so I'm hoping that if I get time for my little stylized horror game I will wind up with some nice physics and real time shadows. I have 5 of the 7 bosses decided on. Just 2 more to design. I still like the idea of having real people play all the characters. I think it would be a lot more intriguing to watch and a lot easier to get relate able emotion than inf I had to animate it. Either way I am going to use real people as models for the characters just because it's cooler.

I also went out driving again today. For the first time in a while. I had a shaky start but after a while I really got into it. I hope that this time I will actually gain some sort of confidence behind the wheel and be able to actually drive.

Tomorrow, If I have time, I will make a short video showing some of blender's great new real time effects as a tech demo for my new game. It will prob be basic stuff but may turn out nice

No comments: