Monday, October 20, 2008

I had a Lab!!

So all I had today was a 3 hour lab. That said I didn't know anyone on my bench (Except 2 other guys who are best friends) so the very first thing I had to do was make a brand new friend to have as my lab partner.

This was very difficult for me as I am a tech geek science nerd with no social skills but after about half an hour stammering I managed to introduce myself to my new lab partner. I was pretty drained from the experience of having to talk to an new person AND look them in the eye but I got through it ok.

The experiment itself was easy as they come. A simple titration (Well three). We got the first 2 done in about 50 min and then there was a fire drill. we all had to march outside, stand in the cold as passers by admired our sexy lab coats, and then file back in. The process took about 10 minuets. When we got back we did our last titration, got our results, and said by by PhysChem lab. The 3 hour lab took 1hr20min including introductions, standing around wondering if we should start working and a fire drill.

not bad for a first day back

No comments: