Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hair is hard to render

So I have been doing some test renders in advance of the FMVs for Gemini and I have to say that despite all the time it took me it has payed off. I have finally managed to get blender's hair system to give me realistic results. the secret was sub surface scattering, something I had never tried to touch before now.

Not only that but styling the hair proved more difficult than originally anticipated. that said I finally have it down and It looks great. I am putting together a video to show what the game and movies will look like but it is a bit away yet. I still need to get a good, rigged human model. I might make my own or just rig the makehuman model but I would like something a little lower poly. all this rendering will kill my computer dead!

Lip synching is going to give a bit of trouble as well. the models exported by the software I'm using doesn't leave space for movement data. only a few characters will be speaking in the FMVs so I can rig them for speach manualy with no bother.


I'll post the test video when I get the chance, until then, happy blending

No comments: