Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wacom Bambo Fun

I Just ordered my graphics tablet. I know I just posted but I finaly ordered my tablet so I had to mention it and it didn't fit into the last post.

It cost me €164.49 and could be here as early as Friday. It is the medium size (the largest available size...) and is about A4 in drawing area. I cant wait to get it and hope I will learn how to use it well. I am a decent skecher and have practice drawing in GIMP when creating concept art. Combining the two should produce some nice results!

In theory I should be able to use it when sculpting (and possibly modeling) in Blender as well as using it to create vector art in Inkscape. I am looking forward to seeing how I can apply it.

I also just re-discovered my love of the classic megadrive title, GoldenAxe. I downloaded the Rom and had a quick play. I'm as bad as ever but I loved it. Oh, and I'm alowed download the rom as I own a copy of the game and the console I just didn't feal like going up into the attic, hunting for the two, bringing them down, setting up the console and then playing it. That said moraly I am oposed to pirating software but am for "pirating" games that are no longer available through the usual channels. There are times it is the only way to experiance classics.

Finaly Ali won the biggest loser and I was happy. Watching the show has inspired me to try to get into shape once again. I still go to the park on nice days but I am starting to do a bit of strength training aswell and will swim when I go back to college in october.

No comments: