Friday, September 5, 2008

A title and a logo

 So I spent a large part of the day working on a title and story for my RPG. I have the basic plotline worked out but need to fill in a few gaps allong the way. not only that but I managed to throw together a logo for the game (it's actualy an old photo of me vectorised).

So the battle system is my current main concern. The majority of the planning has been done but I need to compleat the character list (playable and bosses at least) as well as a list of all weapon upgrades, spells and items. I'm well on the way though. I'm not sure If there will be "states" probably sleep and poison at least. 

In tearms of length I know it is a competition entry so It shouldn't be too long but I'm aiming for it to be between 8-20 hours depending on sidequests and how good you are at solving my fiendish puzzels. 

Apart from this project I will hopefully enter 2 more games that are a lot shorter but inovative in different ways. One is a platfromer that uses only one button, the seccond is another "eyetracker" game. This time a FPS. The main problem with FPS games is the dedication it takes to put the graphics togther. Unless I deside to styalise them in an easy to make way it means a lot of poly modeling which is why I will leave it 'till last. Not only that but as it is 3d I will wind up having to code in in Blitz3d which I havent touched for about a year!

The other two projects are kind of secondary entries that I would like to make some day, hopefully for the competition, but if not some day. Right now however I have to focus on Gemini, who's story I am quite proud of.

No comments: