Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PS3 games courtasy of IGN

Thanks to IGN here is a list of most of the upcomming games for PS3 and I added a little bit about what I think of them.

BioShock
Developer: 2K Marin
Publisher: 2K Games
Release Date: October 21st
Genre: First-Person Shooter

Rorki says: It is criticaly aclaimed and credited as being both terrifying and brilliant. I am interested but it is probably a rental.

 

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Developer: Gearbox Software
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: September 23rd
Genre: First-Person Shooter

Rorki says: I dont play these identikit war FPS games, colour me un-interested

 

Call of Duty: World at War
Developer: Treyarch
Publisher: Activision
Release Date: November 11th
Genre: First-Person Shooter

Rorki says: See above, and to think they re-invented themselves with huge critical and comercial success... 


Dead Space
Developer: EA Redwood Shores
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date: October 14th
Genre: Third-Person Action Adventure

Rorki says: I will be buing this game. The animated comics got me intrigued and when a friend showed me gameplay and explained some of the features I fell in love. 

 

Fallout 3
Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Release Date: October 28th
Genre: RPG

Rorki says: It looks like a good game but not what I usualy play. Since Final Fantasy VII is holding my attention so well it might get a look in but it's not guarenteed

 

Far Cry 2
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: October 21st
Genre: First-Person Shooter

Rorki says: Far Cry had many re-releases, I bought none of them. I won't be buying this

 

Guitar Hero World Tour
Developer: Neversoft
Publisher: Activision
Release Date: October 26th
Genre: Music

Rorki says: They are fun to play but I only play these games at friend's houses

 

James Bond 007 in Quantum of Solace
Developer: Treyarch
Publisher: Activision
Release Date: November 4th
Genre: Action

Rorki says: A Bond game that didn't suck...? ok, since GoldenEye

 

LEGO Batman: The Videogame
Developer: Traveller's Tales
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive
Release Date: September 23rd
Genre: Action

Rorki says: I like the lego games but they are too short and too easy. I will play the demo and decide wether or not to complete on rental

 

LittleBigPlanet
Developer: Media Molecule
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: October 21st
Genre: Platformer

Rorki says: YES YES YES!! This game has delighted me since it's anouncement. I want bad!

 

Mega Man 9
Developer: Capcom
Publisher: Capcom
Release Date: September 25th
Genre: Action

Rorki says: Never been into Mega Man but am a huge supporter of the Retro Revial (with new games of cource) I may buy this just in support of the cause

 

Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Developer: Rockstar San Diego
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Release Date: October 21st
Genre: Racing

Rorki says: Aheh... no.

 

Mirror's Edge
Developer: DICE Sweden
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date: November 11th
Genre: First-Person Action Adventure

Rorki says: Intriguing game with great visual style. I will play it, I may buy it

 

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Developer: Midway
Publisher: Midway
Release Date: November 10th
Genre: Fighting

Rorki says: Mortal Kombat without the gore. All the batman in the world cant make that right

 

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Developer: Evolution Studios
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: October 28th
Genre: Racing

Rorki says: Not a racing game fan, that said I do still load up the MoterStorm 1 demo. Probably wont buy

 

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Developer: CyberConnect 2
Publisher: Namco Bandai
Release Date: November 4th
Genre: Fighting

Rorki says: Visualy stunning... but I never watched this anime and the combat is too full of gimics 

 

NBA '09: The Inside
Developer: SCE Studios San Diego
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: October 7th
Genre: Sports

Rorki says: My friends love this series. I play it sometimes at their houses. Still, Not going to buy it.

 

NBA 2K9
Developer: Visual Concepts
Publisher: 2K Sports
Release Date: October 7th
Genre: Sports

Rorki says: No

 

Prince of Persia
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: November 18th
Genre: Platformer

Rorki says: Great art direction. If only they didn't have that blue woman following you and saving you from nasty falls. A bit of hardcore platforming with the prince and this beautiful visual style I want. Hard Core this is not. I will finish it on rental

 

Resistance 2
Developer: Insomniac Games
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: November 4th
Genre: First-Person Shooter

Rorki says: R:FOM was my first PS3 game. I love it. It is in my PS3 right now. Single player, great. Online multi, Great. 2player ofline coop, great. This has all that, bigger and better with a separeate 8player online campain aswell. Sold!

 

Rock Band 2
Developer: Harmonix Music Systems
Publisher: MTV Games
Release Date: October 19th
Genre: Music

Rorki says: Guitar Hero my friends have, Rock Band they want. I want neither but won't object to trying out a song or two

 

Saints Row 2
Developer: Volition
Publisher: THQ
Release Date: October 14th
Genre: Action

Rorki says: Another resounding no.

 

Shaun White Snowboarding
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: November 16th
Genre: Extreme Sports

Rorki says: SnowBoarding is a fun minigame to throw into a bigger game. Ape Escape, Final Fantasy VII and many others have proven this. I have as much fun with the minigame as with these games. Coupled with having WiiFit's skiing minigame and Go!Ski available on PS3 for €10 this doesent make sense.

 

Silent Hill: Homecoming
Developer: The Collective
Publisher: Konami
Release Date: September 30th
Genre: Adventure

Rorki says: I love Silent Hill. I prefer SH2. I enjoyed the latest PSP relese a lot. This one has checkpoints. This one has no grain filter. This one doesent look like Silent Hill to me. I want it to be good. I want to buy it but will prob rent it. Siren: Blood Curse I know is good. That I will buy... on BD if it ever lands

 

SingStar Vol. 2
Developer: SCE Studios London
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: October 28th
Genre: Music

Rorki says: I would concider this. Maby. I cant sing but SS is great at a party and with the SingStore it means I can get a lot of songs I know and like. Still i probably wont as I cant afford it just to mess around.

 

SOCOM: Confrontation
Developer: Slant Six Games
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: October 14th
Genre: Online Shooter

Rorki says: The game that defined online on the PS2. I didnt buy onine for my PS2. This game just dosent intrest.

 

Sonic Unleashed
Developer: Sonic Team
Publisher: SEGA
Release Date: November 18th
Genre: Action

Rorki says: Why do you taunt us so? You show footage of classic Sonic speeding along. Sonic fans rejoyce. Then you show us the "werehog". Slow brawling streachy-armed gameplay at night. It mars the beautiful game you showed us. Why, when It was going so well. All that needs to be done to revive sonic is to do a 2.5D game that plays like the Megadrive/Genisis games but looks like this. instead you give us the WereHog. Fail. I will rent it for the fun Sonic bits though...

 

Valkyria Chronicles
Developer: SEGA
Publisher: SEGA
Release Date: November 11th
Genre: Action RPG

Rorki says: How nice that they make games for people besides me.

 

WipEout HD
Developer: SCE Studio Liverpool
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: September 25th
Genre: Racing

Rorki says: Pretty! Oh so pretty! A friend and I were watching the trailer and I slowed it down to 50% so we could admire the graphics. After a while we were like this game is so fast. Then we realised it was still in slo-mo. Pretty and Fast. Want.

 

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2009
Developer: Yuke's Media Creations
Publisher: THQ
Release Date: November 9th
Genre: Wrestling

Rorki says: I always loved making characters on my friends copy. It has a versatile person maker. still, you can get character editors for free on the net and I have been making 3D models for years. I dont play the actual game so I have no interest in this

No comments: