Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The wall is a wall, pre-rendered cutscenes and 3d me!

I have finaly begun the arduous process of compiling the story of Gemini for scripting. I have post-its on my wall. I have to say the process is quite fun to do once you get started. Crank up the volume on a youtube playlist, grab a drink and start writing and sticking. It even helped me come up with some great new characters and a cool baddie. I have noticed that even the wall is limited in space so I may end up building the story in the 3 acts seperatly. (you have to have heard of 3 act story structure in english class...)

I have also decided to consider possibly making 3D prerendered cutscenes for the intro and ending. I am already decided on doing a styalised opening cinematic but I may wind up creating a cool "realistic" video opening with nice looking characters.

The final thing I want to mention is the FREE face generating software I discovered today. It lets you easily make a 3d head model that looks kindof like a pair of source photos. The only problem is that I have been having trouble getting blender's hair system to work on them. If I can I will use it to render cutscenes and possible the in game sprites... and I went to all that trouble on the vector sprites...

No comments: